Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
jawohl, meine Fruended.. Sicher in Deutsche und Seguridad en Espanol, si como no?? Eine bocksflinten de einer klassen, Ja!! El Zorro- Der Fuchs!!

Ja, Zorro! smile grin

Originally Posted By: CJO
Como sospechaba es muy bonita y para mi fue fabricada con bscula Sauer por algn armero artesanal Alemn de la poca.
Pero mejor continuar en Ingls para dar lugar a que opinen los verdaderos expertos en el tema.

CJ, a german engraver told me that A. Kowalski made the barrels. I don't know who made the gun, but I think it was Bernhard Merkel Suhl (BEMESU). Pictures can resolve this question.

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
No, not sourced from BEMESU or Sauer as it passed thru the Zella-Mehlis proof facility in late 1929. Interesting ledger stamp of a fraction though? Looks like the tubes were worked after it was originally finished.
Although the longarm wears the name of Bchsenmacher Adrian Kowalski in Ahorn, I do not find him in any period listings. However, I do see that he is currently active. Maybe he performed some task on it in recent times.

I don't know if the engraver was a temperance man or not, but Suhl engraver & historian Henrik Frhauf might be able to identify the engraver.

Raimey, what a surprise! Can you explain more about Zella-Mehlis and why you say is not a Bemesu shotgun.

Have you got Frhauf contact for send him the pictures?

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Any touchmarks on the standing breech(area between the strikers) or on the water-table?

Sorry, Raimey, I don't understand you.

Originally Posted By: NCTarheel
Looks a lot like my Simson...my barrels are away at present, so I cannot compare proof marks, but I believe both started at the same factory.

Another possibility! A Bemesu, a Simson... ?? I don't see any horn trigger guard in a Simson gun, so I supose mine is a Bemesu, very similar to some SxS of the catalogue.

Thanks everybody!

Last edited by campero; 12/30/20 05:59 AM.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯