Yes they are made by AKUS same as Dickinson. I talked to SKB about the being discontinued thing this summer because I had read the same thing. And was looking for more choke tubes for my Dickinson and are interchangeable as they are basically the same gun.

The gunsmith at SKB I talked to was great and honest. He said they have not imported any guns for almost a year now. Because they are making some changes and waiting for the factory to start shipping them. Goal is early Spring for them to come in but with COVID he said who knows.

Changes include finally having slots in choke tubes instead of Teauge style. Although Briley will cut slots easily enough for you and of course make bore matched tubes which is what I had them do. And the new ones will have selective single trigger instead of non selective. SKB sent them forearms off a Winchester 21 in 12 ga. and 20 and the new guns will have that shaped forearm going forward.

Said Spring or early Summer for the 12 and 20 ga. guns to be available. 28 and 410 will be later in the year. Unfortunately SKB does not have 16 ga. guns made. However Dickinson and Pacific Sporting Arms will do it for you which is the route I went. But wouldn't be afraid to go with SKB if I wasn't afflicted with the purple shell disease. And may eventually with a SKB 28 410 30" combo once they come in, time will tell.

EDIT to add: I thought the non selective trigger would be an issue but the more I shoot them the more I like them. Just put the darn tubes in and shoot the bird. One less thing to think about. If you can get a 410 for a decent price I would not hesitate.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 12/27/20 11:19 AM.