Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Probably the best part is his interest in doing it himself next year. He participated in everything post-shot and wasn't deterred a bit. This is a significant departure from past attitudes.

I remember all of the lessons my Dad and Uncles taught me about hunting, shooting, gun safety, shot placement, and hunting ethics. I recall my Dad telling me that he would gut my first deer for me, and permit me to observe. But he warned me that if I made a gut shot, he would stand back and talk me through the smelly messy job, and that I would then remember to only make clean, humane, killing shots in the future.

Those lessons were very important, and it is equally important that we share those lessons, and pass them along to the next generations of hunters. It is also important to thank the Lord for every minute we are able to spend in the field with a gun, whether we come home with a limit, or empty handed. Hunting is a gift that those who do not participate can never comprehend.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.