Well it has been a while since this thread was near the top. I had hoped to finish it off with a nice picture or two of Claudio and I with some big greenheads or canvasbacks from a fall 2020 hunting excursion. I thought that would be a fitting end to the story. However, while we had a trip planned to the Lake St Clair area in late November, Covid concerns caused us both to decide against the shoot. We both have pre existing conditions we would rather not test. So the pics of the gun afield will have to wait.

However, much like movies these days, I will leave an Easter Egg here. Coming in 2021..... I have acquired another Lindner Daly Diamond Quality.

This new one is one of the ultra rare 20 gauge guns. And like most of what I buy, it will need a little of Claudio's magic. So I will be either starting a new thread or resurrecting this thread sometime in 2021 when we get started on it.

And as luck would have it, what the new 20 gauge gun requires in the way of attention is entirely different than what the 12 gauge needed. The 12 gauge main problems were the barrel dents and the ejectors. This gun has a wood problem. Should be a fun ride.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by canvasback; 12/18/20 11:46 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia