I have a C. Stiegele hammer drilling I acquired a few years ago on which the left hammer would not hold back. Upon disassembling it, I found that the screw holding one of the springs underneath the mainspring had snapped off in the hole. The majority of the threaded portion is stuck in the lockplate hole. Picture is below.

I seriously considered trying to sell this as a fixer upper and may still do so, but I thought I would give it one last chance. Any advice on how to get this stuck portion out?

From the broken off remnant I was able to determine that the threading seems to be M2x0.4, and I picked up two screws from the local hardware store. My plan was to remove the broken piece from the sidelock plate, install a new screw all the way through, then cut off the end sticking out. Originality is not a concern, as this is a well-used drilling with one buttstock screw already replaced with a nail. Just trying to get this functional enough to shoot.

But my conundrum is trying to get this screw out. I have a 1/32" end mill, but it looks so fragile that I doubt I could use it to remove the stuck end. Should I use a larger drill bit? Try to slot the end for a flat head jewelers screwdriver? I'm open to suggestions.