Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Originally Posted By: ellenbr
I've read several places including a Charles Daly site that in 1919(one source gave 1910 but may have been a typo) that Henry Modell purchased S,D&G but most give that the successor to S,D&D was I. & S.D. Davega, which was founded in either 1878 or 1879. And in 1927 or 1928 Sloan's Sporting Goods purchased the trademark/tradename Charles Daly so any longarm post say 1928 with Charles Daly on it would have passed thru Sloan's Sporting Good's books.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/12/business/retailers-restaurants-bankrupt-2020/index.html

Anyone see where Modell's Sporting Goods(since 1889) faltered earlier this year & sought protection? I believe this to be the same Modells

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

You are correct Raimey. The recent Modells and the Henry Modell store circa 1900 is the same organization. Just some corporate name changes over the years. My time in the sporting goods industry brought me close to these guys. They liked their history.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/13/20 12:01 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia