I bought this about 25 years ago at a garage sale for 45 bucks. It was pretty rusty the hammer in the firing pins were frozen solid. When I first got it I took the receiver apart and sanded and polished all the rust off and got the hammer mechanisms moving and working for you along with the firing pins. It was missing a hammer and looks like it was well used and banged around. I looked for original looking matching replacement hammers for decades and gave up. I have a body I grew up with thats a gunsmith I sent it home with him two years ago and he just brought it back last week when he came down to hunt. I bought a pair of hammers from Dixie gun works and he installed them for me. I think the hammers were 63 bucks at the time and he does my work for free. When he brought it back we went to the range with the RST number 5 shells I bought for turkey hunting to try. It shot great! I have since made a fake Parkerizing patina look on the receiver so it doesnt look knew compared to the rest of the gun. The only markings I can find on it are 396 on the barrel and receiver, 65 on the right side barrel, FB on the barrel land receiver lug. Also 96 on a few small parts. From what Ive read on old posts here Charles Daly started importing shotguns in 1875 to the United States? ...and then I read that even though they imported them in 1875 the shotguns could even be older for some reason? I would assume my shotgun is a base model? I also read here that the guns were approx a 100 a year into the US? Id so does that make mine a 1878? West model is it?

Thanks for any info.