MKB,
I have had similar experiences over the years. I bought a used drilling with a scope already mounted. On a guess, I loaded some 173 grain bullets I had brought back from Germany to about the RWS velocity. I didn't have to touch the sighting. Since the 1970s I have had an O/U 7x57R/16 ga. It was also regulated for the 173 grain bullet. I tried several combinations in it, looking for a load with a little more velocity. That gun would shoot Brenneke slugs into my hat at 100 meters if the 7mm barrel was sighted an inch and a half high and I held half way up on the vertical post of the reticle. Also bullets lighter than the 162 grain TIG shot high and right like you experienced. I believe this is due to the fast rifling twist. I just went back to factory ammo or handloads with 173 gr bullets at factory velocity. Your problem with the 7x57R is very similar to mine, but American 22 Hornet ammo is loaded to higher than European velocity. I suggest you load the 7x57R with a 170-175 gr bullet to about factory velocity and load the hornet with a 40-45 gr bullet to about 2400 fps and see if that helps. Unless your 7x65R shoots slugs as well as mine did, you don't need to worry about two different barrels shooting to different points of impact. This will free you to use whatever load is best for the rifle barrel, whether factory or a handload, you can just re-sight it to fit the ammo. I hope this helps. BTY, if you shoot them high in the shoulder( hoch blatt?) they are not as likely to run.
Mike

Last edited by Der Ami; 12/11/20 10:00 AM.