A few years ago I bought a combo gun in 22magnum/20gauge. It is nothing special, but I found that with a 2x scope installed it would place Remington foster type slugs into a 6" circle at 70 yards and with that scope and the rifle zeroed, the shotgun patterns on too. The scoped rifle barrel and shotgun barrel w/slugs create a conundrum, but we here in PA can't hunt deer and small game at the same time anyway. I bought the gun for fall turkey and predater hunting and the rifle/scattergun work nicely for both. Yesterday I took the gun to attempt some 100yard groundhog shooting before I commit to the purchase of a 22mag rifle. The 2x scope helped only a little and after a miss at about 80 yards I started to notice doves coasting by to check out my orange cap. I counted one more close in bird then pulled the scope off and shot dove until days end. I really enjoy those straight on high over head shots, though I often have trouble finding the dead birds right off-I always look to far from where I was standing. Anyway, I really think combination guns can be useful at times. I am betting there are some here with better senarios than mine, but I thought I'd share this.

Thanks for the time,
Kurt

Last edited by ben-t; 09/30/07 09:58 AM.