Hi All, looking for some guidance on how to address a loosening pin in a stock.Appears that this stock developed an internal crack a long time ago and someone pinned the stock.Well that fix lasted a long time.But now seems that the pin has let go a bit.

So, Id like to tackle rectifying the issue again.This will be my first attempt at work like this.I obtained this gun knowing that I need to put some elbow grease into it.And knowing this will be my first time working on a gun in this manner.Its not a high value gun and Id like to get some experience in this.

Please see the pic(s) for reference.

Anyone have ideas on if should add more pins?Replace the existing pin with a larger pin?Other thoughts?

Or can you point me to a video or instructions online?My cursory search didnt turn up much.

Thanks!

And....this wont be an heirloom. Id like it to be functional. For what I got the gun for its not worth it to me to send it out to a pro....it really was meant for me to learn some basic restoration items. Like fixing this stock, refinish the stock, tearing apart the action cleaning/oiling/greasing, removing rust from barrels, re-blueing, etc...itll either be a learning experience for me (I love to get my hands dirty) or if I screw it up...a wall hanger...

Last edited by fishrising; 11/12/20 05:55 PM.