Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Una pregunta, con su permiso, amigo nuevo de Mexico. Que es usted tiene dos escopetas hechan in Alemania?? Y tambien, algunas armas hechan en Europa, pero non de Espania?? A mi, los armas viviende en favorcon el Escritador muy famosa: Don Ernesto Hemingway--un hombre muerto, si-. pero un Rey Del Mundo hombre, no es verdad?? El Zorro

Saludos desde España. Mis escopetas son de Alemania y de Inglaterra. La Bemesu es alemana, y la Scott&Sons y la Wiggan&Elliott son británicas. Todas me gustan mucho. Hemingway tuvo una Scott del calibre 12, creo, que fue con la que se quitó la vida. :-(

Originally Posted By: 300846
The Patent 14526 of 1884 was awarded to John Deeley (of Westly Richards) for an ejector mechanism. The second number in your picture is the "Use Number" of that patent.This echanism weas known as the "Deeley Box"

Thanks a lot for the info. Now I know which is the pattent.

Originally Posted By: keith
Welcome campero. Your English is actually better than a number of guys here, who were born and raised in this country.

And you have also managed to post photos here in your very first post. We have a number of guys who complain that it is too difficult and too tedious to post images. I wish I had some info to offer on your guns. But I'm sure you will learn something about them here.

Thanks, Keith. You are so kind. I hope to know more about my shotguns through the forum colleagues, but now the Scott is for sale.

Originally Posted By: lagopus
The patent number on the Scott refers to is for a Deeley Ejector for drop down actions. I can't make out the serial number and a picture of the side of the action would be most useful. It looks like a 'Reliance' model. I've only ever seen them in 12 bore so a 20 would be quite rare. Looks like it is only Proof tested for black powder.

I like the single! Lagopus…..

Thanks so much. By the serial number I know this shotgun was made in 1898. But I´ve got a doubt... What is the meaning of the gold cross? And yes, the single hammer have something special and I love her... Yes, for me, my shotguns have her own personality!

Regards to all!

Last edited by campero; 11/03/20 09:08 AM.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯