I am 79 years old and I began to have Tinnitus in my late 30's and by 10 years later it was terrible and constant 24 hours/day and remained that way until 3 years ago when an event occurred that reduced the ringing in my ears to almost nil--I would say it is about 5% at most of what I had in the past. When the event occurred it was so painful to me that I thought my hearing was completely damaged beyond ever returning--I had pain and a headache for days afterward.

I was at the rifle range 3 years ago and was preparing to shoot under one of the roof covered shooting benches next to a long haired redneck that I had seen at the range before and decided upon observing him that I should try to avoid being around him. Just as I was setting up and standing next to him 3 feet away without any warning to the others (to install hearing protection) preparing to shoot (and to me), he fired off a round the blast of which caused extreme pain in both of my ears for nearly one-month during which time I was barely able to hear.

Slowly after that event my "ringing" began to lessen and my hearing began to return to what it was before the idiot violated the rules of the rifle range. Now some days I have Zero ringing noise in my ears and the other days nearly nothing. I can now hear frequencies that I could not for 40 years.

Joe, I cannot recommend anyone try what happened to me to delete Tinnitus, but in my case there was something that would stop it or improve it, that even my Doctor was amazed about.

Before this event I was nearly completely deaf in my right ear and only about 30-40 hearing in my left ear; and I am still the same in that regard.