Originally Posted By: HighWall
Who is doing stock bending now?

How about you?

Although I have not yet attempted it myself, there have been several recent threads here describing a relatively simple do-it -yourself stock bending method. It involves lashing or clamping the gun to your work bench top, and applying hot oil and heat lamps to the wrist of the stock to make the wood pliable. A bag of lead shot is placed on the buttstock which is overhanging the work bench. The weight of the shot bag gently applies force in a very gradual and controlled manner, and the weight and heat is removed after the wood slowly yields and bends sufficiently in the desired direction.

This sounds great to me on several levels. No complicated stock bending jigs are involved. There is virtually no risk of inadvertently forcing the wood to go further than it can without cracking or breaking. And then there is the cost savings of doing it yourself. (Of course you could always make a little donation to Dave as thanks for providing this forum as a resource for such valuable information.) You should be able to do a search of past threads here to read and learn more about this method. At any rate, if you decide to hire a professional, be certain to inquire who is responsible if your stock is broken or damaged during the bending process. You probably are not going to like the answer.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.