Nothing will help with the tinnitus at all. Save your money if that's what you're trying to overcome. As Stan mentioned above just learn to live with it. And protect what you have left. Group conversations are almost impossible and no hearing aid on earth will really help that. Water running or any background noise will just garble whatever is said.

I developed my tinnitus early on the ranch with all the heavy equipment and dynamite we used in the 60's and am 78 now and it doesn't really annoy me. The ringing is always there but I'm not usually conscious of it. What I hate worst of all is with the loss of hearing high frequency I can no longer hear a quail call or even a rattlesnake! Advantage is there can be a squeak in the car that drives my wife nuts but I am totally oblivious to it--just doesn't exist!

Tinnitus may have saved my life. In 1968 I volunteered for the army (dumb, I know, but those were different times). I wanted to fly helicopters. Well, at my physical I just couldn't pass the hearing test. They thought I was trying to get out but convinced them I was volunteering. No go. They 4-f'd me right there! Rats! And that was going to be "my war". God moves in mysterious ways....all thanks to Him!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)