By far the bulk of the Fox ejector doubles with snap-on/-off forearms have the F.T. Russell latch, Patent No. 1,029,229 granted June 11, 1912. The J.C. Kremer & A.H. Fox latch Patent No. 1,029,374 was also granted June 11, 1912. A.H. Fox Gun Co. had been using The Kremer & Fox latch on their extractor Sterlingworth and the F.T. Russell latch on the Sterlingworth Ejectors for about a year and a half when the patents was granted. Parker Bros. brought out their Trojan in 1912 with a latch very similar to the Kremer & Fox latch. Probably four decades ago now Babe Delgrego showed me some letters between A.H. Fox Gun Co. and Parker Bros. about this. That was before I was collecting details on this minutia and I don't know what the outcome was, but the A.H. Fox Gun Co. quit using the Kremer & Fox latch and went to using the F.T. Russell Latch on both extractor and ejector guns.

On April 24, 1879, E. Remington & Sons was granted the U.S. license to use the Deeley & Edge latch. All guns with a lever in the forearm are not a Deeley & Edge latch. Parker Bros. got around the license to E. Remington & Sons by having the lever in their forearms actuate a tilting block in the slot in the forearm iron that engages the lip on the forearm loop. Not the Deeley & Edge opposing hooks. Ansley Fox used the tilting block on his Philadelphia Arms Co. Fox Parker Bros. lookalike.

Probably one of the best latches was that on the late Ithaca NID ejector guns that combined the spring tension of the Baker J-Spring with the locking feature of the lever-actuated tilting block.