Fingers crossed for a good season both sides of the pond. I wont be starting wildfowling until early November when we get an influx of wigeon and teal. Im not into heavy bags of wildfowl and the numbers of duck taken are a reflection of the range of ponds we have available and their proximity to the estuary. There are multiple people shooting on invites averaging five guns per flight. I prefer to shoot alone on odd occasions and take about 6 ducks per flight, mostly wigeon and teal with the occasional Pinkfoot goose.The teal can be on the pond in front of you before you can get a bead on them and unless they cross white cloud when departing they invariably escape unscathed. As the ponds are shallow they only attract dabbling duck but under the moon they can attract skeins of geese in and when the snow is on the ground and the moon out it can make for a memorable flight no matter the bag.
I holidayed in Chesapeake Bay in 2016 . I went to the duck decoy museum at Havre de Grace and a few smaller waterfowl museums I was impressed. I have two small black duck decoys I bought in an antique shop in Saint Michaels they sit in front of the fire.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 10/04/20 05:50 PM. Reason: Added paragraph