I have no idea what jagermeister was blabbering about and didn't give it a second thought then, or now. Some obscure agenda I suppose.

I sold it because I was then, like now, still in the hunt for something else. I wanted 6 lbs or less and 28" barrels or less. My Merkel 8 is already at 6.5 lbs, with 28" barrels. So, it wasn't really a big change for me, though I do dearly love the slim lines from above, those close set barrels are like no others. I was also hot for a Darne, which I had also never seen except in photos.

Now a Darne has come and gone. The friend that bought the OShatz bought a Boucher that I pointed out to him, and I have regretted not buying that one myself ever since. With the Boucher in play last year, the OShatz came back for some minor repairs by a local gunsmith and doublegun member.
After a Covid-prolonged stay, it will soon be headed back to Nebraska where it will while away its days as back up to the Boucher.

The OShatz was, and still is, the first gun with trigger plate locks that I had ever encountered. I am always looking for them now, but they don't appear often, at my price points anyway. They make for a remarkably slim gun but they also compromise the stock's ability to soak up recoil with relatively little surface area contact.

It's metal work fit is excellent, but the wood-metal fit had suffered from much use and oil, so we eventually bedded it and it is now quite robust, but it is no magnum spitter either. Obviously, it has been used a lot and shows that wear.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]