Canvasback and I were conversing on another forum about interesting but unknown shotguns we have encountered. He has an exceptional one that got us started, but this OShatz is one that I bought and the sold to a friend. Currently, it is hanging out in my safe, but will soon be heading back home to Nebraska again.

Anyway, this was made in Poland (close enough to be German/Austrian). I think the barrels are out of Stuhl, but I really don't know much about the gun or OShatz. I did track down another of his guns that made me think he eventually moved to Stuhl, or maybe he originated there.

I believe this gun may have been made for the British, Swedish, or American market, but I'm guessing a lot.

This gun has its locks on the trigger bar which allows it to be very narrow across the breeches, so much so, that I swore it was a 16 when I picked it up from a table where it was for sale. That narrowness is very attractive to me. For comparison, I threw in my more or less "normal" Cashmore hammer gun, which is a gun I love all out of proportion to its plainness.

Anyone else have an OShatz or know anything about him?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]