ed: Sadly, that was a period of rather-poor memory for me as I was suffering then from untreated Lyme's (it went undiagnosed for over 10-years, I was lucky to survive it). I refer to it now as my "grey period" as I more-remember the "macro" and not much of the "micro". Lots of the smaller details elude me now. I'm sure it was like many of the wonderful days spent up here walking these trails, and there have been quite a few now. The gun is one that I've pictured here several times, a brummy boxlock ejector, one of a pair made in 1905. It was likely made in the trade and then labeled and sold by William Richards out of their Preston shop. I like it because it fits me like a natural extension of my body (cast 1/8th on, drop of 1 1/2 & 2 1/2, LOP 14 3/4 over a horn plate, w/a diamond grip & 28-tubes) and... it weighs exactly 5lbs14 unloaded. Choked essentially IC and Mod, I'd prefer a bit more choke in the left tube but...oh well. If I need to reach out a bit I load it with RST No. 5s. It's in proof for 2 3/4-inch shells, but I only use 2 1/2s to help preserve that old wood and that rather slim wrist.

It's really a fairly-plain gun and something of a workhorse but..it suits me and my needs.

I know 16s are becoming a bit obscure and perhaps... even obsolete, but this one seems to work very well for me on ruffies up here. Largely because of it's ease of carry and quickness to mount, I've had lots of very good days in the grouse woods.

Picture-rich, I know....but you did ask.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 09/18/20 12:04 PM.