Originally Posted By: old colonel
Originally Posted By: gunsaholic
Originally Posted By: Chantry
The best way to deal with the trolls here is to put them on ignore so you no longer see what they are saying.

After I put Homelessjoe and some others on ignore, the forum became far more pleasant.

That doesn't work. That only prevents you from seeing the original garbage the trolls post. In many threads you still end up reading pages of trash that end up being in the posts of others who responded to the trolls or were victims of the trolls. As often happens, the original thread becomes useless.

Without an overwhelming adoption of ignore of a select group of negative miscreants of right and left along with a pledge to give no reply to the posts that entire group it would fail.

If six or so repetitive miscreants were chosen through acclaim of their lack of Adherence to the boards rules and spirit it would be good, however like Chantry I doubt any likelihood of success, we have only paused the nastiness.

Mike,
"We" did not pause anything. Dave did. Whether it works or not depends on what he does in about 2 weeks.

He got a lot of support, thanks, and some cash for his recent actions. A few more of those kinds of actions and he may have the problem corrected. Showing that he means it with respect to the rules will solve the problem, as it does on other boards.

If that happens, and we reward him with cash donations, things could be much better going forward. Only time will tell, but I choose to be optimistic.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]