I stopped using oil on the hinge pin's of guns many years ago in favor of grease. Now here in Brit land the rusting country of the world because of its Maritime climate and salt in the air, well we all live not much more than seventy miles from the sea. Because of the damp atmosphere and the high rain fall oil as we all know floats on water and can turn to an emulsion with it, we have all seen those iridescent pools of water caused by floating oil. So grease won out over oil, but over the years I have tried automotive types and some other specialized greases and finally decided on just one, after I found out it was specified for use on deck equipment on our north sea oil rigs and was given a cartridge. I have mentioned this grease before in a posting even though it is manufactured on your side of the pond you folks could not find it. The grease is manufactured by Lucas Oil Products Inc. www.LucasOil.com. It is called RED"N"TACKY and it is all of those things, it clings well and does not become miscible with water at all and best of all it stays where you put it. I have posted photograph of the cartridge, I do highly recommend it's use on gun's because I have not as yet found any grease that will out perform it.

Thought I had better add a photograph of the back of the cartridge.

Last edited by damascus; 09/01/20 02:41 PM.