The 1902 and 1903 large Syracuse Arms catalogs were the only factory produced catalogs to feature the full SAC grades line up (sans the hammer gun), and special attention was paid to the five high grade models (grades A, A-1, B, C, and D) in that the grade depictions included both a side and bottom view of what the maker claimed were actual guns. From studying those depictions I was able to read the Grade A and Grade D gun serial number (#25317 and #25307 respectively), while serial numbers on the A-1, B, and C Grade guns were either partially legible; or completely illegible. The catalog featured D Grade was located 20 years ago and is still with the same owner; but I'd never located the A Grade and had no idea if it still existed (this same A Grade is also featured in the 1905 pocket catalog). But that search has now ended as SAC gun #25317 surfaced at the just completed Amoskeag auction and was purchased by a SAC collector in California. Unlike the D Grade catalog gun it saw lots of use, but is still intact with no after-market mods. As a SAC collector I'm happy to finally learn that this example still survives after 118 years, and thought some forum members might appreciate knowing that fact also.