Originally Posted By: old colonel
You are correct you did not say safe space, however your position that someone with Views you disagree with should have the good manners not to post them when those views are neither illegal nor immoral, but political difference amount to the exact thing. That is the very thing the cancel culture seeks to do, silence.

This is my last post and I'm done with this. There's a difference between tossing an idea up for debate and provoking people. There are forums set up for discussion, and forums set up for debate.

I used to visit a religion forum. As a Christian, I went there expecting to encounter atheists, pagans, spiritualists, etc. It was a debate forum, people of different beliefs debating truth. Disagreement was expected, I didn't want people withholding opinions, I wanted to face the hard questions. I looked at my beliefs, answered the questions, and came away a stronger Christian for it.

This is a discussion forum, people come here because they have common interests, not to debate their differences. You yourself spoke of the "minimal few" with political differences from me. That would mean the vast majority of this board agrees with me politically, no?
That makes the "minimal few" the racist at the wedding. So, in the interest of civility, they should have the courtesy not to promote politics that are hostile to our 2nd amendment rights. Obama, Hillary, Beto and Kamala are fighting words to some people.

If you still don't get it, I would suggest you visit the Silent Doubles forum and reread the posts there. For someone who appreciates healthy political discourse, you seemed a bit ruffled. In fact, you were upset Dave didn't censor NCA over it. I thought the free exchange of opinions is a good thing. I guess not when it's your eye getting poked. And as far as that forum goes, I agree with you 100%, that was despicable, it was a poke in the eye of anyone with a shred of decency. But if you let malcontents run around breaking windows in this forum, they'll do it everywhere. You let left wing goblins run around unfettered on a right wing website and turmoil will follow.

You disagree with me, but then you say civility is only possible with webmaster support. Webmaster support is just another way to say censorship. I don't want a safe space, you do, you just want it to be safe to your sensibilities. When I say people need to filter their thoughts out of courtesy, it's for your benefit, not mine.

Tim