Originally Posted By: Tim in PA

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Curious concept on your part. While I believe this board would be better served to ban politics or create a separate area for it, Dave has not done that. He has created much more a free speech zone with rules on Conduct.

You solution in this free speech zone is that of a left wing cancel culture oppressor; Silence those whose disagree with you. It is philosophically inconsistent to stand proudly for the 2nd Amendment while denying the first.

While I concur there are left wing posters whose views are irritating, views alone though wrong on a free speech board do not justify the ignoring of the rules of conduct. I actually have at least one poster on the ignore feature as his posts are sub par.

Tim, your view that on other boards politics is rarely brought up Is correct in a way. It is correct because many, maybe most, ban or seriously limit political discussions. If that is the environment you want go there and stay there, or lobby Dave to change the rules to match those boards.

While I disagree with left wing political views I believe I am capable of arguing against them without violating our boards rules, I wish all could.

Lastly the real value of this board is double gun knowledge, it would not upset me if Misfires came back, or politics get banned for a time.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS