Originally Posted By: craigd

I can also understand how tactics can be taken as repulsive. The frustration seems to come from the inability to moderate the forum per individual preference.

My default sets to the last three months, three of the five topics in the Silent Doubles forum look to be started in questionable taste with arguably no provocation. Many on topic threads get thumbed in the eye with an anti conservative pundit or anti current President comment that comes out of left field. Some posts are repulsive, some are calm and collected counselling about the inevitability of the 'will of the people', some are near real time copy and paste of the latest left wing political talking points.

No, I don't think you're dead wrong.

I must say I hadn't visited the Silent Doubles forum for many many months. More repulsive and divisive behavior. Serious trolling.

Craig, an objective examination of the site would indicate that it is an incredibly small number of people who operate outside the normal bounds of decency. It's not a problem of trying to accommodate "individual preferences". It's two or three people who consistently and with malice aforethought drag the place down.

Keith isn't defending anything.
NCA isn't making any serious point.
RMB isn't converting anyone.
And jOe certainly isn't making any friends. LOL

Most of us....the vast majority, are tired of being subjected to their ruination of threads and the site. I'll say it again. It's not about political viewpoint. It's about conduct. I notice you can be in agreement with just about everything Keith professes to stand for. You can engage the same people on the same subjects as Keith. But I don't see you stooping to Keith's repulsive behavior.

It's about conduct that supports the site.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/25/20 09:44 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia