Originally Posted By: Tim in PA
There's a lot of hooting and hollering in this thread about what's wrong with this forum. Most of the anger seems directed at Keith, some at jOe, even some at Dave, but it seems there's very little interest in talking about the real problem.

This is a GUN board. It's not a camera forum, or a fishing forum, or a sociology forum. Its purpose is the discussion of firearms, primarily doubles, but also others. And here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact.

I visit other gun forums, and politics is rarely brought up, there's no need, everyone is on the same page. If RMB or Brent went on them and suggested people need to vote for Biden, they would fall under the category of troll and probably be relieved of posting privileges. But on this board, members benignly tolerate it.

There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that a supposedly respectable gunsmith would hire a PI to investigate a member of this board? If RMB had never posted his union newsletter propaganda, Keith would never have gone after him. If I want to read leftist propaganda, I can go to Politico, or the Guardian, it shouldn't be polluting a gun forum. How would you feel if a satanist or pedophile started posting their opinions on your church website? If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling, do an internet search for "what is a FUDD".

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Pretty spOt on.

It took me awhile but I figured out why....

So far it's mine and Dave's little secret.

I'm sure this thread will now be locked and it will fade into the liberal anals of history.