TD is the same on the 1924 model as the 1916.

The Model 1924's are marked 'Buffalo Newton Rifle Co.'
But they were never made in Buffalo NY as were the original US production.

These Mod 1924 were a redesigned rifle made in New Haven CT well after the orig Newton Company went under in 1918 and then tried to resurface couple of more times shortly thereafter.
A few Newtons were orig made on imported Mausers before the first USA built rifles were ever made. Then again some more Mauser 'Newtons' were imported after WW1 (the Model 1922 as xausa has).

The Model 1924 is considered the least desirerable of the Newtons as far as quality of fit, finish, design, But I think they only put about 1K of them together.
That bolt handle design really turns people away!
..and case in point..Production Rarity doesn't always mean valuable!

The Orig 1916 USA built Newton has standard forward facing DST'grs.
But inside they are powered by very sturdy torsion coil springs.

The TD screw being the front action screw & attached to the floor plate makes for easy take down.
The recoil lug on the action where the screw engages has a simple screw adjustment on the side of the threaded boss to allow for take up adj. The TD can be kept just as tight and snug as you like with the simple arrangement.
Something you might have expected to see on a Lefever design

The bbl & frame on the original 1916 Model are threaded the same as the US 1903 Springfield rifle. Same coned breech and extractor cut.

It was not uncommon to have a 1916 Newton rebbl'd w/a surplus '03 bbl if the .256Newton bbl or other 'odd caliber Newton' was shot out.
Newton also offered the rifle in 30-06 from the factory.

Some orig Newtons have 2 extractor cuts in the breech face of the bbl. Should only be one at 3 oclock ('03 Springfield breech).
Either the bbl was fit up and clocked past the machined cut at assembly and they had to go another 1/2 turn and then cut the second extractor cut,,,
Or perhaps proofing left the rifle with excessive headspace and turning the bbl in another 1/2 turn and rechambering again to spec headspace to save the bbl was a thing they did.

The bbl address, cal marking ect have been on the top position proper on the couple I have seen like this. But one shows a plugged hole/screw hole on the now bottom side where a rear sight would have been. That rifle now sports a bolt peep. Hard to detect any other scrubbed markings from the now bottom of the bbl.
Both were 256Newton rifles.

Just what I've observed,,probably it means nothing but thought it interesting. They didn't make all that many rifles in the 1916 Model somewhere betw 3 and 4K most have said.
I wasn't there...