Dear Michael;

It has been 10 years since you left us, and the world has not become a better place; not because you left a void that made it worse, although you did leave a void in our minds and our thoughts--the world is just not the same in ways that we nor you could have never dreamed it would be.

We miss your writings and your love of the simple pleasures of a wingshooting, classic double shotguns and the outdoors, and importantly how you kept alive the love of the classic side by side shotgun.

We could trust what you wrote us to be “spot on” as it was seen through the eyes of a person who thought like we did and who loved writing and the mastering of the language of we shooting sportsmen. For whatever the reason no other writer has been able to hold the interest of us old timers as you did.

I have often wondered who is shooting your Purdey Island Lock hammergun and your AyA no. 2 shotgun. Speaking of your AyA, I do not think, you would not like what has happened to the Spanish double shotgun makers, nor would you like what has happened to the interest in side by side shotguns. I even heard a long time classic shotgun dealer say just last year that no one under the age of 65 is interested in a side by side shotgun.

If you were here you could help correct that fault.

Well, that is about all I have to say today, but I suspect some of the others will have some thoughts for you.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen

Last edited by bushveld; 08/16/20 09:20 PM.