Something is definitely amiss. First, if it's a 1 to 1 to 1 mixture, it should dry just fine by itself. I'm not sure I would trust that linseed oil, get oil intended for woodworking. Second, and this isn't personal experience, but what I've been told, you shouldn't need more than a capful per quart of finish, remember, a lot of your finish is thinner. I just re-read your post, you are using too much linseed oil. Another thing with Japan drier, too much can screw up the curing process, meaning it may not cure.

If I were you, I would scuttle the drier, and get a good wood finish linseed oil, you should be fine with the turpentine. You want equal parts of all components in the finish, don't load it up with oil. It should be a 1 - 1 - 1 mixture. And last, it needs to go on really thin. Your first coat can go on a little wet, give it 15 or 20 minutes to soak in, and then wipe it off with a barely damp rag. You can do the second coat the same, see if any soaks in and then wipe it off. If you're sealing the pores, each coat can be wet sanded till the pores are filled, but don't leave it on the stock heavy, with all the oil, if its too thick, the resins can skin over and slow down the oxidation of the oil underneath, thin coats are your friend.

good luck, Tim