Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: old colonel
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
I would tell y'all about LSA Weapons Oil but you can look it up. Has kept US military arms functioning since 'Nam. IMO there is nothing better at any price and this stuff is dirt cheap and US petroleum tech in action.

Dr.WtS

Used it decades ago as I got it by the case free, when they started issuing CLP I stopped as the CLP was better. LSA works and is cheap, but why use the stuff that just works instead of the best on a best gun. Vaseline can work as does 3 in 1 but Same reason to go to EP lubricants on hinge pins and locks as appropriate.

How about it, O.C.? Care to answer keith about how you got the cases of bore cleaner free? Certainly it wasn't from the military.????

SRH

Answer Keith not much point in that, Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense,

However, Stan, in reply to you and your question.

Poor choice of words or phrase in my original post which were misconstrued. No, I never took cases of LSA or CLP home. Anyone who has used LSA would know no one would want a full case for their personal use.

You mentioned bore cleaner. I never said anything about bore cleaner. And No, I never took cases of bore cleaner home either. I have always been a Hoppes or Eds Red guy.

On the LSA-lubricant, when I was in Alaska they used to hand out cases of it after every range day and field training . If you have been in a barracks cleaning weapons you will recognize my choice of words and situation. I know my work wall locker and office desk was full of stuff. My Rucksack cleaning kit had a small bottle. My poor choice of words being misconstrued to mean more than I meant.

I found the LSA worked but was not that great. It was not my go to lubricant at home. At work, it was when I did not use WD-40 (which I preferred when I finally got a .45). LSA typically was sluggish and separated. In sub zero cold weather LSA was a challenge when it built up in a weapon. Bottom line in an arctic a weapon dry of oil build-up is better, you only use the LSA to put it away in the arms room then wipe as much as you can off when you draw it out.

Did I ever use it on my personal arms, maybe, it was in my rucksack cleaning kit, but I could neither swear I did or did not, without question never by the case. I know in Alaska my normal shotgun cleaning was Hoppes and a spray can of WD-40. When I was kid I know I used LSA when cleaning my older brothers .45, where he got it I dont know.

After Alaska when at Fort Riley we started getting CLP. Yes, we did hand out CLP in the barracks by the case for weapons cleaning. I liked CLP and I brought commercially in Aerosol Spray cans for years, until I switched to Eesox. And no the Army CLP did not come in Aerosol cans.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS