When I first moved to Mn. bit more than 20 years ago looked for a skeet field and found one in Winona over by the River. Met Dave Erickson back then there for the first time. Sometimes we would be the only 2 shooting and would discuss with each other for the next week to make sure we had someone to pull for the other.

Right before hunting season opened pulled in one evening and the place was packed with pickups mainly with Wi. plates. Couldn't even find an open space on a rack to park my gun and noticed every gun was a Benelli. I said out loud what is up with all the Benelli's? They looked at me like I had 3 eyes and finally one guy said because anything else in the duck blind eventually becomes a single shot around here. They all laughed in agreement. They were all duck hunters tuning up for the season. Most only shot a round or at most 2. Quite a few of them ran the field.

Most those guns were pretty beat up. But they all worked flawlessly. Although today there are a few others out there that can give them a run for the money. My main waterfowl gun always has been an Ithaca 37. My BUL and Cordoba always seem to go bang when I pull the trigger too though.