Originally Posted By: Hal
Just bought a new can of Fluid Film this morning. Many uses around the farm and I clean shotgun bores as well as wipe guns down with it. Solvent-free, lanolin based. Developed during WWII. I have to go to John Deere dealer to get it. Anyone else use it?

Use to use FF on the frame of my truck each fall takes 4 cans to coat it. Common for Ford and Toyota owners to use it to help with the frame rot in the salt belt. Couple of years ago switched to a Canadian Snake Oil. Find out soon if it worked or not just got the 7 year recall for frame inspection and replacement if needed. Toyota, Ford you are on your own. FF is sticky (why it is sprayed on frames) and attracts dirt it would not be my first choice for a lubricant.

Giacomo Arrighini the famed Perazzi gunsmith that came over from Italy in the early 70's to work at the Ithaca factory on Perazzi's swears by Triflow. And it is what I use. His SIL has taken over the business now and IIRC he recommends Slip 2000. Neither of them use grease no what the guys in Italy say. Either way I feel it is most important to keep it clean. Wipe the old off, whatever you use, and apply new often.

I use Triflow on my guns can get it at most bicycle shops because many of the bike racers use it on their chains. I was introduced to it in the yards in Washington State in the late 70's. Trying to break free a bolt on a steam pipe flange and had drenched it in Monkey Piss. The penetrating oil the government provides you in a green can made by the lowest bidder and is worthless. A sandcrab seen me struggling with it and he walked over and gave the bolt and nut a shot of Triflow and said try it now. Almost killed myself when I hit the slugging wrench with the sledge hammer and the wrench spun all the way around and came close to hitting me. Lubricant or penetrating oil I have been a big fan of Triflow since.

One way to turn a Benelli duck gun into a single shot in really cold weather is to use Rem Oil. Never had a problem with Triflow in the cold. No matter how cold, on any of my guns.