I've only seen one 23 with straight grip double triggers they didn't make many of them. Was a 12 Mod\Full 28". And just a bit lighter than the standard 23 pistol\POW grip.

Have a 20 ga. 23 with 28" bbls. and had Briley install thinwalls. Has a lot of rounds through it I shoot it very well, heavy and main use for me has been clays. Friend of mine got me started with it he purchased 23's in both 12 and 20 new a long time ago. Eventually I figured that I needed to go get my own LOL.

Having actually owned one never had an issue with the trigger it is fine. The screws holding the forend latch hardware on have a tendency to work loose and shear. Even used loctite and checked them every so often but still ended up shearing 3 of them after 5K rounds or so each time. Not really much of a problem Midwest Gunworks still sells parts for them. And a few others. Don't look for the 20 ga. screws there pretty sure I bought all they had.

Last year shooting SC in Wi. half way through the course I couldn't open it after shooting a station. Ended up taking it to Alhman's and they got it running again cost was ~$125. If I recall the work order correctly a cross pin had failed and caused a few other parts to need to be replaced. What would be called cascading casualties in Naval Engineering. I didn't and don't consider the cost of repair unreasonable.

Have moved on to another more modern manufacture for high volume shooting with a SxS. But for the average shooter it would likely be fine and then some. Especially with that English grip and double triggers that is a rare bird. Really wanted a 12 Heavy Duck 23 but they only made 500 of them. Found out a few years ago that another friend of mine has one but not for sale. Things worked for me in the end however.