Tim, in the first link I provided, there are two pics of a board, not a log, that are labeled as rift-sawn. The end grain is quite clearly about 90 degrees to the face. I could give you many other similar sources and illustrations, and we could go back and forth forever.

I knew that Queen Stevie would be back with another illustration to prove me wrong. I could do the same, and I could also provide both of you with extreme contradictions in the definition of rift-sawn from wood merchants and sawmills. In fact, I have already done so in the other locked thread. No need to repeat facts here for those who wish to ignore facts.

I also know why KY Jon started this new thread. It has been sticking in his craw for days, that I had the audacity to say that part of a statement made by him, and quoted by Queen Stevie as Gospel, was incorrect.

I didn't simply say he was wrong, as Queen Stevie does. I also spelled out my reasons, and backed them up. So I am not at all surprised to see his butt-hurt reaction now. KY Jon is another guy like BrentD, who says he IGNORES all of my posts... but is also insincere and untruthful about that.

Stevie also cited KY Jon as an indisputable gun stock expert, yet you will never see Queen Stevie demand pictures of the work he does as proof of his skill or knowledge. And we all know why. Homeless jOe asked KY Jon for photographic evidence of his claims for years here, and never got a thing. I never commented on that... until now.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.