Originally Posted By: Wild Skies
How do you know Geo. that Parker Reproductions will not rise to collector status in the future? Some models are already considered collectible.

I don't believe there are "collectable" Japanese Parkers, just desirable shooters to some extent, some more so than others. The quality and execution of these guns is outstanding, but you have no way of proving they are collectable, especially by the use of the phrase "considered collectable". I have no way of proving there are no Parker Repro collectors out there, but I'm open to hearing about even one. Accumulators who shoot them, sure.

Nobody can predict the future, but the trend for these guns is toward nice shooters, and the market for them is mediocre at best. There could be an exception with some rare version in, say, a BHE .410 with 28" barrels that very few of which were made, but otherwise practically none in other gauges.

Trying to defend the need for originality to preserve value in these guns due to their desirable and high status as personal museum pieces is wasted time and effort.

I'm resting my case.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 07/18/20 10:39 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.