Years go there was a fellow who advertised in DGJ, or maybe SSM, that had a unique niche offering. He claimed to fit traditional leather covered pads over existing butt end treatments for the person who wanted a leather covered pad, and resulting increased LOP, without cutting the original butt. He also claimed that it could be removed at some time in the future without any resulting damage to the gun's original butt treatment. I've not seen his ads for years, or heard anything of him.

Did any of you have that done, or know personally of anyone who did? Or, maybe Steve or Dennis, or other stockers might have knowledge of the success or failure of what he was offering. Maybe even offer potential pros or cons? I can envision that the base of the rubber pad itself would have to be sculpted to fit the shape of the butt face, which could take some time to do properly.

I have several guns on which I use KickKiller leather lace-on pads for added length, but on which would like to have something that looks much nicer, such as guns with original checkered butts, or engraved heel and toe plates with grooves between the two.

Thanks, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.