Removal of the ribs revealed some corrosion and a neat set of perfectly spaced regulating wedges. Of course by this time, even some of those were detached.

The barrels were cleaned, swaged and straightened. The dents were removed. The wedges were replaced in the correct order of size and spacing. They were then regulated with ribs straightened and smoked back on for a perfect fit. Then all were tinned and the ribs relayed.

The barrels were then sent out for just about the only work Claudio does not do himself. He sent them to Stelios Chrysochou of SC Gunworks. Stel in fact was my first vintage gunsmith, the one who opened my eyes about these guns and the person who initially connected me to Claudio. A neophyte like me could not have asked for two better mentors on vintage guns. Stel polished the bores to perfection, removing all trace of the dents and doing so while removing the absolute minimum of metal. Even the chokes, originally at .048 and .048 remain insanely tight! laugh

Once the barrels were back to Claudio they were lightly struck. The objective was to bring them back and in doing so keep them as close to original dimensions as possible. Mission accomplished.

Nice straight bores!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia