Close to two weeks since my last update. Claudio had been putting the pedal to the metal on things but had to take a break to attend to some other, pressing work. But he's been back hard at it on the Daly the last couple days and this is the stuff that really gets me excited.

Others may feel differently but I think the heart of any good vintage gun are the barrels. Without good barrels, all else is wasted. And boy did this project ever turn on the barrels. The key work to bring them back really did start several years ago. And nothing else was touched until Claudio and I knew the barrels could be brought back all the way to perfection. (Oops, I'm giving up spoiler alerts).

When acquired the barrels were in rough shape. As mentioned previously, badly dented across both barrels. Ribs popped. Ribs bent. Ribs detached.

As Claudio says "A sad looking muzzle".

And to top it off, the right barrels was bent.

As a result of all this mayhem, the bores were pretty awful, especially the right one.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/02/20 05:28 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia