Canvas, you get that gun just jug choke it. It'll be just fine once again. I have three 10ga SxSs. The Parker and Remington are a touch heavy for walking the woods, but the Lefever would be fine. The nice thing about the short 10 is they can be loaded down to 1oz of shot. Rocketman likes science, or the math in loads, just think how short the shot column is with only 1oz of shot in a 10ga. There's hardly any setback deforming the shot so all of it stays round and in the pattern. And although I'm not sure, but I'd think the shot string would also be shorter. I also have GaugeMates for 10 to 12 but it's usually lots more fun shooting short 10ga shells. I run the shotgun venue at my club and for about 14 years [ not sure ] I've been putting on a SxS shoot every year. There use to be a elderly gentleman who dressed in period correct clothing who shot either a 8 or 10ga gun with BP. God did he love to load it up. The ground would shake and he loved to call quite loudly for the bird. I don't think he cared if he hit anything or not - he just loved to shoot. In the covered 5-stand the roof and walls felt like they we coming off. That was back before I acquired my 10ga guns. Back then I would shoot BP at the various SxS shoots in our state, but with a 12. If I were limited to one shotgun it would be a SxS 10ga. Why, because it can be loaded up and down for about anything. With the bigger bore the shot column is shorter so the patterns are better. Sorry, eat your hearts out 12, 16, 20, and 28ga shooters. That's the science, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Carry on 12boreman, you got my vote.