This is another great thread. Just finished my first DIY project. Not just quite ready to join the gunmakers guild but I feel what I did good I did good and what I KNOW I did wrong I know why so I can adjust on the next one and the What I DONT KNOW.... well the what I don't knows are why you pros that contribute are so appreciated.

I did the project on a field grade flues with all Dembart and Gunline tools. I could tell real quickly that the cutters should have performed a little better but I pushed though, literally and figuratively.

My post project thoughts:
- Use as lite a hand as you can. This way the mistakes YOU WILL MAKE are more easily remedied.
- Limit your checking session to no more than 1-1.5 hours at a time. Evaluate and rest in between at least a half day. I found that my attention waned quickly in the beginning and I had to build a tolerance for sticking with it but yet still stopping early enough that I was not feeling like I was working instead of enjoying a new hobby.
- Do not try to get your lines to depth but maybe to 75% depth until all lines are cut then go back over and do final depth and cleaning. I do not know if that is the right way to do it but my second side went better/looked better than the 1st by doing this.

Good luck with your start up Doc.

Steve, what vendor is your go to vendor for tools and also that welcome a newbie like me.

Many thanks

Travis