Here are some suggestions /ideas to ponder.

If you truly want the factory look, you have to do it the way the factory did it, or a close as possible.

Stop looking at DTs colors, they are bright beautiful, awesome colors, but not quite original.

Wood/Bone ratio. Original CCH has a very translucent look to them. The more bone, the more opaque the colors become. Reduce the amount of bone.

Quench temp: Again, they did true case hardening, meaning above 1600 deg F. The hardened steel has a different look to it. I know most want to stay below 1300 deg F where warpage is minimized. Crank it up to 1400+ with some scrap parts, see what happens.

Water temp: most period gun makers were in New England, ground water temps were a little cooler up there, shoot for quench water temp around 47 deg F.

Ignore folks that suggest adding hoofs, leather etc they dont have a clue. Hoofs are made of keratin, same as fingernails and hair; and are full of crap literally Nails, rocks and manure, I have a horse ranch, I know whats in hoofs, do you really want all that in your mix. OBTW when you heat it to 1000+ it melts, and forms a black goo. Leather, pretty much the same issue, plus the tanning compounds. OBTW it stinks to high heaven.trust me.. Ive tried it.