Over the course of 100 years, there were a number of Baluch battalions raised by the Indian Army. They participated in a lot of campaigns, most notable the Abyssinian Campaign of 1868...some Baluch stayed in E.Africa after that operation by the Indian Army.

At least one of the Baluch regiments wore these uniforms with the green tunics:

In WWI "Baluch" battalions were all over the place and a Baluch won the first VC ever awarded to a non Brit. In 1922, these battalions were combined into the X Baluch Regiment in the British army. Here are officers from 1929 - all Brit. Photo obviously taken in front of the Sind Club in Karachi. And the standard bearers behind the officers look Punjabi, not Baluch.

My friend Indian Army Major General D.K. (Monty) Palit (Pictured with youngest son) was first assigned to the X Baluch after Dera Dun about 1939. He and his brother-in-law and my friend LTG Krishnan Sibal (commander of a division that assaulted Lahore in 1967). General Palit said that for his first 6 years in the army no British officer ever spoke to him.
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=475388&page=all

My swagger stick from the X Baluch Regiment.

After 1947 it was incorporated into the Pakistan Army and combined with Punjabi units. My experience with Baluch is the they don't take well to formal uniformed Military units.. The were inveterate raiders and ambushers. I think most of the Baluch unit pictures were actually Pashtuns, Hazara, Punjabi and maybe some Baluch.

Whatever...search all you want on the internet - I doubt you'll find more double guns concentrated in one place in a Baluch Jirga than in my photo on the first page. Those were Indus Valley Baluch and the place was full of migrating birds...not the arid sterility of the Sulaiman Mountains.

Oh wait...sorry...this line is about...motorcycles?

Last edited by Argo44; 04/30/20 12:06 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch