Well we have a little surprise today. This is an example of why I like to work with Claudio.

You will recall that over a week ago, I did a few posts detailing the finishing of the forend, in particular the replacement horn tip. The forend, propped up against the peg board wall by Claudio's bench, was deemed complete and ready for finishing.

However, every time time I spoke to him this past week, he would mention the forend. Something was nagging at Claudio and he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Today I got the following update in his own words:

"Gazing at the forend horn tip in front of me, something didn't sit right. I couldn't put my finger on it but something about the shape and curve was off.....The more I looked the more it bothered me. Then I saw it! The original chequering was uneven and the wood curvature was slightly different from left to right as the latch was not perfectly centred. So this curve carried onto the forend horn tip. So I reworked/shaped the horn tip so as to be more pleasing to the eye. Now it's not bothering me as much......"

So Claudio spent some time revisiting that "finished" forend and getting it right.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia