Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Did you start shopping for a decent bike?.

Theres nothing out there right now thats screaming Buy me! right now.
Cant stand those insect looking bikes, not a supersports guy any more.
Want the Eighties look with modern tech. BMW RnineT is in the mix. Z900RS is too. Id really like to see that CB-F concept in a 650 next year. Replace the CB-R line with that F. Im in no rush. Half the fun is looking.

Ever ridden from Sudbury to Toronto on a Friday afternoon? Ive never ridden a 600 class street bike that felt competent for a run like that, surrounded by crazy Canadiens with no respect for the speed limit, and unaccustomed to watching for motorcycles for 7-8 months of the year. I know where you are, Ive got a left elbow that shrieks at me after a few hours on a GSXR, but, mark my words, if you own a bike, you will likely find yourself on a road, needing more, if only to escape the situation you are currently in.
Be able to escape that situation. There are few motorcycles being sold today, as compared to what we saw in the 1980s, well, what I saw, anyway, and the cute little bikes they are making today dont inspire me to get out in front of the Ford Expeditions with a 16 year old female pilot and her cell phone.
If you are busted up enough at this point of life that you will never venture out of the Cul de sac, well, whatever works, I guess. Ill be there soon enough.

But, I outgrew every 600 I ever bought in a day or so. And I was 35 pounds lighter.

Best,
Ted

I dont carry a gun either.

Horsepower is what that salesman talks about when he isnt sighing about the lowball offer you just made him.

Best,
Ted