I have gone to reloading "standard" loads for all my side by side needs. In 12 it is one ounce at 1150 fps and 5,500 psi. I load this load in a 2 1/2" roll crimp but am working on a 2 1/2" folded crimp version. In 20 I have gone to a 7/8 ounce load at 1,150 fps at 7,000 psi. These are loaded in a roll crimp but I am getting close to a working 2 1/2" folded crimp version as well.

I only use one hull type for each gauge and load nothing else in that type hull. So every B&P 12 hull I have loaded are low(er) pressure loads and every 20 AA shell I have are low pressure loads. In the end I suspect I will just cut several thousand hulls down to 2 1/2" and load everything the same in both gauges.

Loading gets too complicated if you are not careful. I was not. I took inventory and discovered I had over 25 wads types, six primer types and 15 plus powders on hand. Most well stocked gun shops do not have my selection. The goal is to reduce this down to five powders and maybe six different types wads. Loading from 10 to .410 makes inventory more complex. Plus you always end up with stuff you do not use anymore, just taking up room in the reloading room.

Thousands of hulls may take up too much room but I still hate to let them go. You never know what you can use. Case in point is the B&P 1 ounce load I have been working on. I have 5,000 plus once fired hulls to work with. Been storing them for about ten years. Finding a load for them is great because that is one hull I have not loaded recently. So any reloaded shell will be a know, certain to be safe load. I am just waiting for a report about final pressure and velocity before I go into volume reloading of them.