Originally Posted By: SKB
James,
I think an objective review of what we know now shows that neither HDC or a ventilator are effective treatments for Covid 19. The recent study I saw showed about a 1% less survival rate for those taking HDC than those without it. Conclusive? No, but I think the FDA is giving the best advice they can with the information they have. I do not think they put out that statement just to make Trump look bad.

Steve

Steve, I'm trying not to politicize the issue when it seems everyone already has. I don't mean just here, I mean everywhere. What I really see is a whole bunch of people who were supposed to know better, make some serious mistakes early in the game. And human nature being what it is, those kind of mistakes are hard for many to walk back. What I'm describing seems to have happened in most countries and it's not a Dem vs Rep things. IMHO it's more a "who's in power" vs their opposition.

I don't want to get into a bunch of specifics in this thread. I'm not trying to convince anyone. But because CV19 hit my family early and because I seem to be in a high risk category and because I have the time, I have done a LOT of reading of more scientific reports and other sources of info in the last 6 weeks than I thought possible. Big mistakes everywhere. I'm satisfied with my take on things.

Mostly, I think we will look back on Covid19 and see how it exposed the soft underbelly of the world wide misunderstanding of the threat of China, the foolish, bureaucratic nature of major "health" agencies and how their political considerations got in the way of good health decisions and how once on the wrong track, how hard it is to admit the mistake and the lengths, both conscious and unconscious, people will go to to justify their position or choices.

Now, having said this, I'm hoping most will see the value in getting back to more interesting subjects.....like doubles. laugh

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia