I will get accused of trying to insert Reilly into everything but it's what I know and this is a follow-on of interest in a way to the posts on UK gun patent numbers. It's important to me and others and history.
-- Reilly made a number of Westley Richards guns.
-- And he sold complete Westley Richards guns presumably made by Westley Richards.

I assume that if the gun had a serial number, Reilly made it - that's the thesis. Daryl, who did a lot of research on W-R patents, states that if a gun-maker built a gun on W-R patents, he had to bring it to W-R to inspect the quality before getting a patent use number. Therefore, I'm looking forward to continued discussion of this. To assist analysis I could post photos of the below actions.

23536 - E.M. Reilly & Co, 277 Oxford St., London. Shotgun SxS 12 ga. BLE. Steel Barrels. A&D Patent use #3814 (RWG’s gun)(1st use of renumbered addresses 277, 16)
26781 - E.M. Reilly & Co., 16 New Oxford St., London & rue Scribe Paris. .360 BPE, SxS rifle. AD Boxlock; W-R C fastener Top Lever.
30xxx - E.M. Reilly & Col, (Address not mentioned). 12ga Shotgun SxS BLE, W-R action, Sleeved. #2 of pair
30363 - E.M. Reilly & Co., London. 12 ga. Shotgun SxS. BLE, W-R action. Top lever, Anson & Deely patent use #6250. #1 of pair.
30xxx - E.M. Reilly & Co., 277 Oxford St., London. 12ga. Shotgun SxS. Steel barrels. BLE, W-R action. Anson & Deeley patent use #6265; A&D pat 427, #2 of pair (Norway gun)

Last edited by Argo44; 04/10/20 09:24 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch