FUSIL DE CHASSE percussion centrale, chiens extrieurs, deux coups, calibre 12-75 (18). Canons damas juxtaposs de 76,5 cm de Didier Drevet. Platines graves " L. Chalet Saint Etienne ". Crosse en noyer quadrill, marque sur une pice de laiton aux armes couronnes de Poncins. Dans un tui jambon en cuir " Count de Poncins ". Fabriqu en 1887.
N5275 - 1887. Poids : 3,370 Kg.

Shotgun, center-fire, hammer gun, double trigger, 12 gauge 3" chambers. SxS Damascus 30" barrels by Didier Drevet. Side plate engraved "L. Chalet at Saint Etienne." Walnut Stock checkered marked on a brass plate with the crowned arms of Poncins. In a chestnut leather case "Count of Poncins." Made in 1887. 7 lbs 7 oz.

It's black powder proofed. I think what appeals to me so much is the simplicity and beauty of the lines. It has Damascus (check) and is a hammer gun (check). It's also a Saint Etienne gun with 30" barrels and 3" original chambers. With the weight it had to be a pigeon gun of sorts (note flat file rib). Saint Etienne is close to Saint Chamon, where my wife's family lives - almost home. I'm sure I'd find a way to shoot low pressure modern loads with it. Didier-Drevet was a legendary barrel maker.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/09/20 11:39 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch