I sold my hell for stout Lefever several years ago, but just recently picked up two guns that should take care of my upland and duck hunting needs. I live in northwest Montana and hunt ducks two to three times a week. I hunt upland east of the mountains two oor three times a season.

Montana pheasant hunting requires lots of walking, so a lighter gun is nice there. For that purpose I bought a 1924 LC Smith featherweight 12 ga, 28 barrel gun. It weighs 6#-8 and fits me perfectly. Using the 96 formula it works out to 1-1/8 oz loads, which seems perfect for pheasants. I sometimes hunt on a refuge that requires non toxic, so I guess Ill shop for some RST shells.

Similarly some heavier RST for my duck hunting. I just received the Fox pin gun I bought from Jason Peck. A 12 ga, 30 barrel wring in at 7-1/4 pounds. Its a tiny bit short at 14 even, so I might replace the plastic butt plate with a thin recoil pad.

Im sure both guns have had a lifetime of 2 3/4 shells through them, Ive had both guns checked out by my gunsmith, but Im curious what the experts on here think about me shooting 2 3/4 shells through them? I didnt measure the Elsies chamber, but the Fox is 2 5/8.

Last edited by Glacierjohn; 04/06/20 10:16 AM.