Thanks Gentlemen for helping me be able to do better research, and learn much more about this rifle. It is, as you said, a Stevens Model 52. I am able now to find several of these online, with one exception....All of the ones I could find had Stevens barrels. I could not seen one online with a Niedner barrel. Being a Stevens was appropriate because my Grandfather was an expert marksman, very well known, and owned an indoor range in town. And-He was a serious collector of guns, old collector US coins, and clocks. He had hundreds of guns. One part of his collection was the only known complete collection of Stevens rifles. With the internet there might be other of those collections of Stevens now. He died in 1980, before the internet, but at that time his was the only complete set of Stephens. I have some memorys of going shooting with him, and him using this gun. So because of history I am so grateful to you guys for helping me finally learn much about this gun. One question though.....does the value of the gun go up or down with the Niedner barrel instead of the stock Stevens barrel? As can be seen in the pictures it is not a bright, shiny, gun in perfect condition, so I am wondering about if the value goes up or down if I have it shined up, or leave it as is? I know with coins that collectors want the coins to Not be cleaned. Cleaning a coin ruins the value, so is it the same with antique guns? I dont want to do the wrong thing with this gun. His gun. So anything I can learn, I am open minded and curious. Again, thank you all very much helping me, getting me pointed in the right direction finally be able to learn.